Wendy's taps former Potbelly CEO to lead struggling burger chain | The BriefWire
Wendy's taps former Potbelly CEO to lead struggling burger chain
Published on 5/20/2026, 3:39:21 PM
Key points
Wendy's has tapped Bob Wright as its latest chief executive, the company said Wednesday.
The announcement comes on the heels of the struggling burger chain reporting its fifth straight quarter of same-store sales declines and rumors of a potential take-private deal led by Nelson Peltz's Trian Fund Management.
Wright previously served as CEO of Potbelly for five years, leading a turnaround of the sandwich chain in the aftermath of pandemic lockdowns.
Potbelly went private last year after convenience store owner RaceTrac bought it for $566 million.
Wright officially becomes Wendy's CEO on Thursday.
Quick context: Wendy's has tapped Bob Wright as its latest chief executive, the company said Wednesday.