Trump to skip son's Bahamas wedding amid Iran crisis, says 'White House duties come first'

More India news · Trending news

Published 5/23/2026, 7:28:56 AM · Updated 5/23/2026, 8:45:04 AMBy TheBriefWire Editorial Team

Trump to skip son's Bahamas wedding amid Iran crisis, says 'White House duties come first'

Key points

  • US President Donald Trump said that he will not attend the wedding celebrations of his son, Donald Trump Jr and Bettina Anderson in the Bahamas, citing the escalating Iran conflict and other international developments as the reason for remaining at the White House.In a post on Truth Social, Trump confirmed he would miss the event despite wanting to be present for the family occasion.“While I very much wanted to be with my son, Don Jr, and the newest member of the Trump Family, his soon-to-be wife, Bettina, circumstances pertaining to Government, and my love for the United States of America, do not allow me to do so.
  • I feel it is important for me to remain in Washington, DC, at the White House during this important period of time.
  • Congratulations to Don and Bettina!” he wrote.The announcement comes amid heightened tensions surrounding possible US military action against Iran.
  • Trump had...

Published May 23, 2026.

Quick Summary

US President Donald Trump said that he will not attend the wedding celebrations of his son, Donald Trump Jr and Bettina Anderson in the Bahamas

Why It Matters

This development is important because it may impact public opinion, policy decisions, and future developments related to Trump to skip son's Bahamas wedding amid Iran crisis, says '.

Key Takeaways

  • US President Donald Trump said that he will not attend the wedding celebrations of his son, Donald Trump Jr and Bettina Anderson in the Bahamas, citing the escalating Iran conflict and other international developments as the reason for remaining at the White House.In a post on Truth Social, Trump confirmed he would miss the event despite wanting to be present for the family occasion.“While I very much wanted to be with my son, Don Jr, and the newest member of the Trump Family, his soon-to-be wife, Bettina, circumstances pertaining to Government, and my love for the United States of America, do not allow me to do so.
  • I feel it is important for me to remain in Washington, DC, at the White House during this important period of time.
  • Congratulations to Don and Bettina!” he wrote.The announcement comes amid heightened tensions surrounding possible US military action against Iran.
  • Trump had told reporters at the White House on Thursday that his son’s wedding was “not good timing” because of “a thing called Iran and other things”.According to Politico, Trump was expected to return to Washington on Friday evening after delivering a speech in New York.He had initially planned to spend the weekend at his golf club in New Jersey before returning to the White House on Sunday.Politico also reported that Trump had considered launching fresh strikes on Iran earlier this week, but postponed the move after appeals from Middle Eastern allies to allow negotiations to continue.
  • Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Trump said another strike could come “maybe Friday or Saturday” or “early next week”.Apart from Iran, Politico reported that discussions within Washington have increasingly focused on the possibility of military strikes against Cuba.Donald Trump Jr, 48, and Palm Beach socialite Bettina Anderson, 39, have already been legally married, according to documents obtained by Page Six.

📌 Source: Times of India

BriefWire The BriefWire