Palantir hits back at Sadiq Khan after £50m contract with Met police blocked

More Business & Finance news · Trending news

Published 5/22/2026, 1:45:37 PM · Updated 5/22/2026, 5:12:03 PMBy TheBriefWire Editorial Team

Palantir hits back at Sadiq Khan after £50m contract with Met police blocked

Key points

  • Palantir has accused Sadiq Khan of “putting politics above public safety” after the London mayor blocked its £50m contract with the Metropolitan police in a move that has also led to tensions inside Labour over its involvement with the US tech company.
  • Louis Mosley, who heads Palantir in the UK and Europe, accused Khan of politicising procurement after he rejected a two-year deal for Scotland Yard to use AI to process intelligence in criminal investigations, as first revealed by the Guardian.
  • Mosley said: “What Londoners value is not being mugged, not being raped by a serving police officer.” The Met had planned to hire Palantir, which was co-founded by the Trump-supporting tech billionaire Peter Thiel, to automate aspects of investigations.
  • But the mayor’s office, which oversees large Scotland Yard contracts, said there had been a “clear and serious breach” of procurement rules.
  • Palantir also works for the Israeli military and...

Published May 22, 2026.


📌 Source: The Guardian

BriefWire The BriefWire