Madhya Pradesh High Court permits second postmortem of Twisha Sharma, says family

More Local News news · Trending news

Published 5/22/2026, 11:10:07 AM · Updated 5/22/2026, 1:00:20 PMBy TheBriefWire Editorial Team

Madhya Pradesh High Court permits second postmortem of Twisha Sharma, says family

Key points

  • The Madhya Pradesh High Court on Friday (May 22, 2026) permitted a second postmortem of Twisha Sharma, the Noida woman who was allegedly harassed for dowry and died last week, her family members said.
  • The High Court has allowed the petition filed by Twisha’s father Navnidhi Sharma, their lawyer Ankur Pandey told PTI.
  • He said the High Court has directed the State government to make arrangements for a team of doctors from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi, to be flown to Bhopal.
  • The family approached the high court two days after a lower court turned down their plea for a second autopsy.
  • Twisha was found dead at her marital home in Bhopal’s Katara Hills area on May 12. The family of the 33-year-old model turned actor accused her in-laws of pushing their daughter to death.

Published May 22, 2026.


📌 Source: The Hindu

BriefWire The BriefWire